So...I wish every kid came with a manual! Doesn't every parent say that at least once about each of their kids? I really need one for Eli. He is now waking up every morning at 6:10 to 6:20am and screaming which then immediately wakes Abi up. Then both kids are up before 6:30am! So I had an idea to see if it might work. If you have any other thoughts, PLEASE SHARE!
I have a clock on his dresser in his room and I have set the alarm for 6:30am. I don't let him off his bed until it "goes beeeep, beeeep". I hope that after a few days he will get the idea and just wait until the alarm goes off. We have a baby gate in the doorway of his room to keep him there since he has proven that he won't stay in his toddler bed. I know that he is not even two yet and is quite young to be in a toddler bed, but let's face it, I didn't want to buy a second crib at the time. (Ricky found a great toddler bed at a garage sale for $10) In hindsight, I should have bought a crib instead. So many problems I face right now would have been prevented. You live and learn, or at least try to learn for the children that come after.
For you more experienced moms out there, do you have any tricks of the trade up your sleeves that might help me out?
An update on the potty training...I am delaying for a long while. He was not even remotely interested. I tried to sit him on it when he was about to have a bowel movement, but he would "swallow it" until he had a diaper on. I guess I will just have to be prepared daily to change his and my clothes. (I hate getting peed on!)
Update on Abi: she got her first hair cut last Friday. You can see pics on facebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.